4 Gefahren für deinen Hund im Herbst

4 dangers for your dog in autumn

Jacqueline Schurter

Especially in autumn the forests are at their best and invite you to go for long walks with the dog. But be careful, there are also dangers lurking for your loved one. In this blog post we tell you about four dangers.


Not only is the nut highly toxic, but the splintered shell can injure your dog's esophagus and gastrointestinal tract. In addition, the peel can be affected by a fungus, which leads to cramps and vomiting.


Acorns are high in tannins and very toxic to dogs! There is also a risk that, due to their size and structure, they will get stuck in the body if swallowed whole!


Chestnuts also contain toxic substances and can be dangerous for your dog. Consuming a larger amount can lead to symptoms of poisoning such as diarrhea and vomiting.
Important! If the chestnut is swallowed whole, it can lead to injuries in the intestine and, in the worst case, to an intestinal blockage.


Not all mushrooms are toxic to dogs, but most are generally difficult to digest.

Poisonous mushrooms include:

Green Death Cap ☠️

Coniferous little ☠️


Green Sulphurhead

Red Toadstool

Even licking a poisonous mushroom is enough to cause poisoning. The first symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea can appear after 30 minutes. In this case, you should definitely contact your veterinarian, because mushroom poisoning can lead to death.